Positive About Disabled People Award
What is this logo?
It is a recognition given by the Employment Service to employers who have agreed to take action to meet five commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
How is the symbol relevant to me as a jobseeker or employee?
Symbol using employers make five commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled people. These commitments ensure that disabled people are supported by employers and treated fairly at every stage of their selection and employment.
What are the five commitments made by employers?
Employers who use the symbol have agreed with the Employment Service that they will take action on these five commitments:
- to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities;
- to ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what you and they can do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities;
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment;
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make your commitments work;
- each year, to review the five commitments and what has been achieved, to plan ways to improve on them and let employees and the Employment Service know about progress and future plans.