Full Time Learners Aged 16-18 Years - Satisfaction (2016-17 Year-End)
Year end learner satisfaction (QDP survey)
We conduct surveys each year to understand learners’ satisfaction with their programme of study and the wider college. Their feedback informs subject impact assessment reviews and quality improvement plans.
The college employs an external agency, QDP, to conduct mid and end-year surveys and to benchmark the results against 64 other general further education colleges.
The results show a sustained high level of learner satisfaction (comparable to the previous year) on all measures.
Learner satisfaction (FE choices survey)
Learners were asked to rate various aspects of their course, learning programme or training programme on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is ‘very dissatisfied’ and 10 is ‘very satisfied’. The questions were as follows:
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the teaching on your course/programme/activity?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the way staff treat you?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the advice you have been given about what you can do after this course/training programme?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the support you get on this course/training programme/activity?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that the course/training programme/activity is meeting your expectations?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your college/learning provider responds to the views of learners?
- Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your college/learning provider?
- How likely is it that you would recommend the college/learning provider to friends or family?
Responses to this survey remain very positive, with an overall satisfaction rating of 8.2 for the college in the academic year 2016/17.