Full Time Learners Aged 16-18 Years - Satisfaction (2016-17 Year-End)
Year end learner satisfaction (QDP survey)
We conduct surveys each year to understand learners’ satisfaction with their programme of study and the wider college. Their feedback informs subject impact assessment reviews and quality improvement plans.
The college employs an external agency, QDP, to conduct mid and end year surveys and to benchmark the results against 80
other general Further Education colleges.
The results show a sustained high level of learner satisfaction (comparable to the previous year) on all measures.
Learner satisfaction (FE choices survey)
The chart below shows the results of the Skills Funding Agency FE Choices Learner Satisfaction
survey. The survey questions were changed for this year, so no historical analysis is possible.
However we can see that responses to the survey remain very high with an overall satisfaction
rating of 8.2.
Learners were asked to rate various aspects of their
course, learning programme or training programme on
a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is ‘very dissatisfied’ and 10 is
‘very satisfied.’ The questions were as follows:
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the teaching
on your course/programme/activity?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the way staff
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the advice
you have been given about what you can do after this
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the support
you get on this course/training programme/activity?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that the
course/training programme/activity is meeting
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your college/
learning provider responds to the views of learners?
- Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your
- How likely is it that you would recommend the college/
learning provider to friends or family?