International School of English
Dudley College's specialist English UK accredited International School of English offers top quality language training for:
- Students looking to gain Cambridge ESOL qualification to aid entry into higher education.
- Individuals wanting a general (long or short) to improve their English.
- Young people who want to mix with all nationalities at Summer School.
- Groups of students wishing to experience culture along with language learning.
- Business people who need a full command of English for their work.
- Bespoke groups.
A dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
- British Council and English UK accredited
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations Authorised Centre
- DELTA qualified and trained teaching staff.
- Excellent College facilities, including free internet access
- Award-winning student support services*, including homestay, visa applications.
* Winner of British Council Beacon Award for International Student Support
All English Language courses include:
- Communication skills
- Learner training and guidance
- British Life and Culture
- Spoken fluency, listening and pronunciation.
- Access to our virtual learning environment.
- Homework and regular class tests to assess and monitor progress.
Testing your level
Before you arrive, an on-line interview with an English language tutor will help to assess your spoken level. Upon arrival a placement test and further interview with an English language tutor will ensure you are in a class appropriate for your needs and ability. Throughout your course, your achievement will be monitored and assessed with progress tests and target setting with your English tutor. At the end of your course you will receive a Dudley College achievement and attendance certificate which states your level of English based on the Council of Europe Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
English Language Examinations
At Dudley College International School of English students can sit any of the University of Cambridge ESOL Exams. (English for Speakers of Other Languages). This is a part of the University of Cambridge that provides qualifications for learners of English. The exams are well known for their high quality assessment of real English, as used in everyday work, study and leisure situations. People take the exams for many reasons. They can help you to:
- improve your English
- progress onto a course taught in English at university or college
- get a good job
- travel or live abroad
Students will have tutorials where their tutor will discuss your progress and any welfare issues. Tutorials can be completed as a group or 1:1 depending on the needs of the students.