Aquatic Diploma in Sporting Excellence
What is the Aquatic Diploma in Sporting Excellence?
Diploma in Sporting Excellence
The Diploma in Sporting Excellence (formerly AASE) is a government funded programme designed for young talented athletes.
In partnership with Swim England the 2 year Aquatic DiSE programme is managed and delivered by the college and this unique programme aims to support athlete development by enhancing the athlete’s knowledge, skills and competency in their sport, whilst gaining a prestigious recognised qualification, either preparing athletes to continue competing in their sport at an elite level, or to gain employment within sport or within an alternative career pathway.
Who is the Aquatic Diploma in Sporting Excellence for?
The aquatic programme is delivered to talented Swimmers, Para-Swimmers, Divers, Synchronised Swimmers and Water Polo players Athletes must meet all of the following criteria in addition the selection policy for their aquatic discipline:
- Born between 01.09.2002 – 31.08.2003 and reside in England
- Studying Further Education (FE) in England from September 2019 (i.e. A Level or BTEC studies)
- Be a member of an English club and represent either England, Scotland or Wales
- Have been a resident in the UK/ other EU country for the last 3 years
Read the Swimming Selection Policy.
How is the programme delivered and what does it cover?
The programme is delivered nationally through a combination of; progress review visits, face to face regional workshops, online learning, and an offshore training camp or competition.
Athletes will be allocated their own Assessor, who will be responsible for supporting the athlete throughout the programme, and conducting progress review visits/observations approximately 8 weeks at their training venue.
Athletes will complete a series of pre-workshop and workshop workbooks prior to and during the workshops, working towards a Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sporting Excellence qualification.
UCAS Tariff Allocation for the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sporting Excellence is 64 points.
The programme covers a range of topics including:
- Technical skills
- Tactical skills
- Physical capability
- Health and safety
- Culture, values and behaviour
Many outstanding athletes have benefitted from the sporting excellence programme over the years. To read just some of their recommendations and testimonies, download our Aquatic Diploma in Sporting Excellence booklet. You, too, could one day be listed along with those named below.
Other past athletes across the years include:
- Adam Peaty - Olympic & World Record Holder
- Molly Renshaw - European Champion
- James Wilby - Commonwealth Champion
- Max Litchfield - Olympic Finalist
- Alice Dearing - World Junior Champion
- Jessica-Jane Applegate - Paralympic Champion
- Hannah Russell - Paralympic Champion
- Josef Craig - Paralympic Champion
- Thomas Hamer - Paralympic Silver Medallist
- Ollie Hynd - Paralympic Champion
- Lewis White - Paralympic Medallist
- Grace Harvey - European Medallist
- Megan Richter - European Medallist
- Tom Daley - Double World Champion & Olympic Bronze Medallist
- Matty Lee - World Silver Medallist
- Katherine Torrance - Commonwealth Games Silver Medallist
- Noah Williams - Commonwealth Games Silver Medallist
- Scarlett Mew-Jensen - Fina Grand Prix Medallist
- Phoebe Banks - Fina Grand Prix & European Gold Medallist
- Emily Martin - Fina Grand Prix Gold Medallist
- Isabelle Thorpe - World Series Medallist, 4th in Europe Duet tech and free
- Katie Clark - Double Olympian
- Olivia Federici - Triple Olympian
- Greta Hampson - World Series Medallist
- Victoria Usher - World Series Medallist
- Daniella Lloyd - World Series Medallist
- Cerys Hughes - World Series Medallist
- Millie Costello - World Series Medallist
- Sophie Jackson - England Snr. GBR Jnr. European Finalist Uni. Michigan, USA
- Katy Cutler - England GBR Jnr. European Championships
Robyn Greenslade - England GBR Jnr. European Championships
- Isabelle Dean - England GBR Jnr. European Championships
- Milly Wordley - England GBR Jnr. European Championships
- Lara Partridge - England GBR Senior
- Emily Pyper - England GBR Jnr. European Championships
- Anya Clapperton - England GBR Senior Jnr. European Championships
- Kathy Rogers - England Snr GBR Jnr. European Championships Uni. Michigan, USA
- Thomas Manley - England Great Britain Jnr. European Championships
- Jordan Elliot - England Jnr. Snr Great Britain Jnr. World Universiade
- Joel Leighton - England Jnr. Snr Great Britain Jnr. World Universiade
Find out more:
SWIMMING INDUCTION DAY Sunday 8th September 2019
DISCIPLINE INDUCTION DAY Sunday 15th September 2019
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Weston, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone: 01509 640 456