Apprenticeships – The next step to your future.
- Like to be paid while you learn?
- Want to succeed in the world of work?
- Know the type of career you want to go into?
Then a Dudley College Apprenticeship could be just the right course for you.
With an Apprenticeship you can:
- Learn a specific trade or profession
- Earn money while you train
- Qualify to a high standard that is recognised nationally
- Go onto higher education with an Advanced Apprenticeship
Am I eligible?
You must be:
- Aged between 16 to 60
- Live in England
- Be in a job (employed) or looking for work in your chosen profession
Some Apprenticeships need minimum entry requirements such as GCSE grades English and Maths, but we also have some flexibility because Apprenticeships aren't just based on academic achievement. Practical skills, your potential, commitment and your interest in the area of work you've chosen which are also very important. Employers value enthusiasm to work and enthusiasm to learn.
What will I do as an Apprentice?
- You will be in a job earning at least £95.00 per week, coming to college normally one day per week for your formal training.
- At college you will learn both the practical and theoretical skills you need to do your job properly and to a high level.
- You will do a National Vocational Qualification (either level 2, 3 or level 4). This is a professional qualification, highly respected by businesses and employers nationally.
- You will also do Key/Functional Skills, such as IT, communication, and numeracy. Theses are essential skills if you haven't got GCSE grades C in English and Maths.
- You will also take at least one Technical Certificate and look at Employers Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Thinking and Learning Skills (PLTS).
- You don't just learn at college. You’ll also be practicing your skills and learning from experienced colleagues in your workplace while being observed by your college assessors.
Length of Programme
- Apprenticeship L2 - between1 to 2 years.
- Apprenticeship L3 - between 1 to 2 years - Length of each programme depending on choice of vocational area.
Take a look at our current vacancies.
Our team of experienced placement coordinators will be only too happy to help you find that exciting new apprenticeship appointment or link with your current employer to plan a training programme for your current role.
What support will I have?
You will have a supervisor or line manager at work and a dedicated liaison officer from the college.
They will visit you regularly at work and review your progress with you and your employer.
We can also provide additional support if you need it, such as help with maths or IT or if you have learning difficulties.
You will also have all the fantastic support and facilities as a Dudley College full-time student.
Where do I start?
If you are just starting, you will work towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship. Once this is achieved you can progress onto the Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3). Depending on your experience and working environment, you may be able to start at the Advanced level. We can discuss your options when you come in for an interview.