Full Time and Part Time Adult Skills Learners - Satisfaction (2018-19 Year-End)
Year end learner satisfaction (QDP survey)
We conduct surveys each year to understand learners’ satisfaction with their programme of study and the wider college. Their feedback informs subject performance reviews and quality improvement plans.
The college employs an external agency, QDP, to conduct mid and end year surveys and to benchmark the results against 80 other general further education colleges.
Adult learners continue to be extremely satisfied with results improving again on previous years.
Learner satisfaction (FE choices survey)
Learners were asked to rate various aspects of their course, learning programme or training programme on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is ‘very dissatisfied’ and 10 is ‘very satisfied’ . The questions were as follows:
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the teaching on your course or activity?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the way staff treat you?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the support you get on this course or activity?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that staff respond to the views of learners
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that the course or activity is meeting your expectations?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your course or activity is preparing you for what you want to do next?
The chart above shows the results of the independent Skills Funding Agency FE Choices Learner Satisfaction Survey. This survey shows a slight dip in satisfaction when compared to previous years. Overall satisfaction remains extremely high at 8.6.