Full Time Learners Aged 16-18 Years - Satisfaction (2018-19 Year-End)
Year end learner satisfaction (QDP survey)
We conduct surveys each year to understand learners’ satisfaction with their programme of study and the wider college. Their feedback informs subject impact assessment reviews and quality improvement plans.
The college employs an external agency, QDP, to conduct mid and end year surveys and to benchmark the results against 80 other grade 2 or above general further education colleges.
Learner satisfaction has improved and is now at or above benchmark on all measures; Satisfaction has improved significantly in many areas including learner voice, next steps and well-being. Overall satisfaction is up by 4 points compared with 17/18 and is now at benchmark.
Learner satisfaction (FE choices survey)
The chart shows the results of the Skills Funding Agency FE Choices Learner Satisfaction survey, which is conducted externally. Responses to the survey remain high, with an overall satisfaction rating of 8.1, which is in keeping with the previous year. There have been some improvements in satisfaction of learners relating to how staff treat learners, the support they receive and how their views are listened to.
Learners were asked to rate various aspects of their course, learning programme or training programme on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is ‘very dissatisfied’ and 10 is ‘very satisfied’ . The questions were as follows:
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the teaching on your course or activity?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the way staff treat you?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the support you get on this course or activity?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that staff respond to the views of learners
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that the course or activity is meeting your expectations?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your course or activity is preparing you for what you want to do next?