Applied Biology HNC One Year Full Time
About this course
Applied Biology HNC is a broad based programme which allow students to further study Biology while expanding their technical skills ready for the workplace. It develops knowledge and understanding of key scientific concepts as well as developing research skills.
• Cell Biology
• Biochemistry of Macromolecules and Metabolic Pathways
• Physiology of Cellular Systems in Animals
• Laboratory Techniques for Applied Biology
• Analysis of Scientific Data and Information
• Human Health and Nutrition
What are the entry requirements?
You will need to have UCAS points over 80 through one of the following routes: BTEC L3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science (MMP or above) A levels, to include Biology or Access to HE Science. Plus GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments with some practical work and presentations.
Successful completion of this course would enable progression to a second year of a degree programme in the Biological Sciences.
Where can I learn more?
For more information on gaining your Applied Biology HNC at Dudley College please contact the Student Services team at email@example.com or phone 01384 363 363.
All courses are run subject to numbers, although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information shown above, Dudley College reserves the right to amend the content/arrangements therein as deemed necessary.
All fees quoted are normally per year, are the “standard” prices only and may be subject to change without notice. This applies to those who have been resident in the UK/EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of the course, for a purpose other than full-time education.
Exceptions to the ”standard” prices may apply - see below for details and how to find out more:
- Students under 16 years of age - contact the 14-16 Centre Manager on 01384 363 208.
- Students aged 16-18 are not usually required to pay course fees on full or part-time courses. Contact the admissions team on 01384 363 333 for further details.
- Non-standard UK/EU/EEA residents and international students - contact the international office on 01384 363 356 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may be asked to complete an initial assessment for any course that Dudley College offers.
* Statistics from undergraduate induction survey 2013-14.