Business BTEC Higher National Certificate - Level 4
About this course
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area via a mandatory core of learning, while allowing for the acquisition of skills and experience through the selection of optional units across a range of occupational sectors at Level 4. This effectively builds underpinning core skills while preparing the student for subject specialisation at Level 5.
Level 4 units to be completed:
Unit 1 - Business & the Business Environment
Unit 2 - Marketing Essentials
Unit 3 - Human Resource Management
Unit 4 - Management Operations
Unit 5 - Management Accounting
Unit 6 - Managing a Successful Business Project
Unit 8 - Innovation and Commercialisation
Unit 10 - Financial Accounting
Students will have the opportunity of access to a large number of resources to support them with their studies. Resources including the College Library, with an extensive on-line resource list, journals, books etc… A recommended reading list for each unit will be provided to further support learning should any student wish to purchase.
Pearson BTEC Higher National Certificate in Business Level 4
What are the entry requirements?
You must have one of the following:
• English and Maths at Level 2 Functional Skills or Adult Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 and Level 3 qualification in Business at least at Merit, Merit, Merit grade.
• 3 A levels in Business related subjects at grade C or above.
• At least 2 years of related work experience including at least GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths or Functional Skills at level 2 in English and Maths.
• International Qualifications need to be translated and mapped to the UK equivalent to show Level 3 equivalent at least.
Assessment will be through class exams; business reports; independent research project and business presentations.
• Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
• Entering employment
• Progressing to university.
Graduate employees will have gained and developed skills in becoming adaptable, flexible in their approach to business, resilience under pressure, and meeting challenging targets within a given resource.
All courses are run subject to numbers, although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information shown above, Dudley College reserves the right to amend the content/arrangements therein as deemed necessary.
All fees quoted are normally per year, are the “standard” prices only and may be subject to change without notice. This applies to those who have been resident in the UK/EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of the course, for a purpose other than full-time education.
Exceptions to the ”standard” prices may apply - see below for details and how to find out more:
- Students under 16 years of age - contact the 14-16 Centre Manager on 01384 363 208.
- Students aged 16-18 are not usually required to pay course fees on full or part-time courses. Contact the admissions team on 01384 363 333 for further details.
- Non-standard UK/EU/EEA residents and international students - contact the international office on 01384 363 356 or email: email@example.com.
Please note that you may be asked to complete an initial assessment for any course that Dudley College offers.
* Statistics from undergraduate induction survey 2013-14.