Computer Games Design HNC Level 4
About this course
The course focuses on the creative development of games, gameplay and game mechanics. Covering areas such as programming with an in-depth academic knowledge combining the practical skills that employers are seeking in games developers and designers. The course provides you with the opportunity to study a sweeping range of disciplines that include the production of both entertaining and educational games for the serious minded players.
From the outset, you will be designing and developing conceptual ideas with a strong visual and creative base and will be taught the necessary skills to fully realise your own ideas from start to finish. Supported by digital modeling and set within a professional framework, you will be presented with an insight into the functionality of the industry that will personally equip you for a career progression in the industry. You’ll be working on live and exciting projects using the very latest industry standard software in up to date facilities.
• Contextual Studies for Creative Media Production
• Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
Optional Units: (Subject to change)
• Ideas Generation for Computer Games
• Practical Skills for Computer Game Design
• 3D Computer Games Engines
• Computer Games Storytelling techniques
• Drawing Techniques for Computer Game Concept Art
• Computer Game Platform Fundamentals
What are the entry requirements?
You must hold a minimum of 48 UCAS Tariff points from the one of the following qualifications
• BTEC National (Diploma or Extended Diploma) in a relevant subject
• GCE A and AS Levels with at least one subject at A Level
• GCSE English – grade C or above
Applicants will be invited to an interview where they will be required to present a creative portfolio of work. For mature applicants some experience may be taken in consideration instead of A Levels/ BTECs.
You will be assessed through coursework for both practical and theoretical elements. The form of assessment on the course will assist you as you progress either into further vocational learning or to related academic qualifications.
Where can I learn more?
For more information on gaining your HNC in Computer Games Design from Dudley College please contact the Student Services team at email@example.com or phone 01384 363 363
All courses are run subject to numbers, although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information shown above, Dudley College reserves the right to amend the content/arrangements therein as deemed necessary.
All fees quoted are normally per year, are the “standard” prices only and may be subject to change without notice. This applies to those who have been resident in the UK/EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of the course, for a purpose other than full-time education.
Exceptions to the ”standard” prices may apply - see below for details and how to find out more:
- Students under 16 years of age - contact the 14-16 Centre Manager on 01384 363 208.
- Students aged 16-18 are not usually required to pay course fees on full or part-time courses. Contact the admissions team on 01384 363 333 for further details.
- Non-standard UK/EU/EEA residents and international students - contact the international office on 01384 363 356 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may be asked to complete an initial assessment for any course that Dudley College offers.
* Statistics from undergraduate induction survey 2013-14.