Creative Digital Media Production HND
About this course
The BTEC Higher National in Creative Media Production is designed to provide a specialist vocational programme. The qualification provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required to work in this dynamic industry.
The course explores various creative media disciplines including film, television, radio and journalism. You are encouraged to think and work creatively on a variety of projects, with opportunities to gain valuable industry work experience on challenging briefs, which will equip you with the skills needed to succeed. You will be working in a professional environment, using industry standard equipment and software.
- Contextual Studies for Creative Media Production
- Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Special Subject Investigation for Creative Media Production
Optional Units: (Subject to change)
- Film/Television Studies
- Practical Skills for Moving Image Production
- Promotional Video Production
- Music Video Production
- Practical Skills for Radio
- Radio Journalism
- Radio Documentary Production
- Television News
- Scriptwriting for Moving Image Fiction
- Director/Producer for Moving Image Production
- Sound Design for Moving Image Production
- Work Experience in the Creative Media Sector
What are the entry requirements?
You must hold a minimum of 48 UCAS Tariff points from the one of the following qualifications
- BTEC National (Diploma or Extended Diploma) in a relevant subject
- GCE A and AS Levels with at least one subject at A Level
- GCSE English – grade C or above
Applicants will be invited to an interview where they will be required to present a creative portfolio of work. For mature applicants some experience may be taken in consideration instead of A Levels / BTECs.
You will be assessed through coursework for both practical and theoretical elements. The form of assessment on the course will assist you as you progress either into further vocational learning or to related academic qualifications.
Where Can I Learn More?
For more information on gaining this qualification at Dudley College of Technology please contact the learner services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01384 363 363.
All courses are run subject to numbers, although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information shown above, Dudley College reserves the right to amend the content/arrangements therein as deemed necessary.
All fees quoted are normally per year, are the “standard” prices only and may be subject to change without notice. This applies to those who have been resident in the UK/EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of the course, for a purpose other than full-time education.
Exceptions to the ”standard” prices may apply - see below for details and how to find out more:
- Students under 16 years of age - contact the 14-16 Centre Manager on 01384 363 208.
- Students aged 16-18 are not usually required to pay course fees on full or part-time courses. Contact the admissions team on 01384 363 333 for further details.
- Non-standard UK/EU/EEA residents and international students - contact the international office on 01384 363 356 or email: email@example.com.
Please note that you may be asked to complete an initial assessment for any course that Dudley College offers.
* Statistics from undergraduate induction survey 2013-14.