Music & Audio Production HND
About this course
A Higher National Diploma (HND) in Music from Dudley College will provide you with a range of work related skills, complemented by the analytical, evaluative and reflective skills that enable the integration of ideas, theory and practice.
In addition to the knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin the study of the music industry, a HND in Music give students experience of the breadth and depth of the sector that will prepare them for further study or training.
- Creative Research Project
- Advanced Music Production
Optional Units: (Subject to change)
- Mixing and Mastering
- Creative Portfolio
- Sound Design
- Synthesis and Processing
- Sound Engineering
What are the entry requirements?
You must hold a minimum of 64 UCAS Tariff points from the one of the following qualifications
- BTEC National (Diploma or Extended Diploma) in a relevant subject
- GCE A and AS Levels with at least one subject at A Level
- GCSE English – grade C or above
Applicants will be invited to a workshop and interview. For mature applicants some experience may be taken in consideration instead of A Levels/ BTECs.
*Learners who have completed the BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Performing Arts can progress directly onto the second year of this course depending on the match of units.
The assessment of your progress will be through submission of coursework throughout the award. This varies in content and format, determined by the required outcomes, whilst reflecting the vocational nature of the award. You will reflect upon the progression routes open to you, and increasingly tailor your work to meet identified needs, bearing in mind your chosen direction, in order to develop a personal portfolio in line with the expected requirements of that route.
Entry onto the third year of a degree or honours degree programme, depending on the match of the BTEC Higher National units to the degree programme in question.
Employment in the industry.
All courses are run subject to numbers, although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information shown above, Dudley College reserves the right to amend the content/arrangements therein as deemed necessary.
All fees quoted are normally per year, are the “standard” prices only and may be subject to change without notice. This applies to those who have been resident in the UK/EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of the course, for a purpose other than full-time education.
Exceptions to the ”standard” prices may apply - see below for details and how to find out more:
- Students under 16 years of age - contact the 14-16 Centre Manager on 01384 363 208.
- Students aged 16-18 are not usually required to pay course fees on full or part-time courses. Contact the admissions team on 01384 363 333 for further details.
- Non-standard UK/EU/EEA residents and international students - contact the international office on 01384 363 356 or email: email@example.com.
Please note that you may be asked to complete an initial assessment for any course that Dudley College offers.
* Statistics from undergraduate induction survey 2013-14.