Performing Arts HNC Level 4
About this course
The BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Performing Arts provide a specialist vocational programme with a strong, sector-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding.
The course has been designed to provide higher level training for a range of careers in the creative industries by providing opportunities for learners to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to gain employment or progress to higher education such as a full-time degree course or specialist drama school.
• Creative Arts Professional Practice
• Creative Arts Research Skills
Optional Units: (Subject to change)
• Acting for Camera
• Applied Contemporary Performance Practice
• Development of Acting Skills
• Devising Performance
• Managing a Creative Business
• Naturalistic Acting
• Physical Theatre Performance
• Theatre in Education
• Voice and Speech Development and Practice
• Writing for Performance
What are the entry requirements?
You must hold one of the following qualifications in the relevant subject area:
Three GCE AS/A Level pass and 4 GCSEs grades A - C,
BTEC National Extended Diploma
Applicants will be invited to an audition workshop and interview.
You will be continuously assessed through a range of practical and written assessments.
• A key progression path for BTEC HNC learners is onto the BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND)
• Entry onto the second year of a degree or honours degree programme, depending on the match of the BTEC Higher National units to the degree programme in question.
• Specialist vocational training providers such as Drama Schools.
• Employment in the industry.
Where can I learn more?
For more information on gaining your Performing Arts HNC at Dudley College please contact the Student Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01384 363 363.
All courses are run subject to numbers, although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information shown above, Dudley College reserves the right to amend the content/arrangements therein as deemed necessary.
All fees quoted are normally per year, are the “standard” prices only and may be subject to change without notice. This applies to those who have been resident in the UK/EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of the course, for a purpose other than full-time education.
Exceptions to the ”standard” prices may apply - see below for details and how to find out more:
- Students under 16 years of age - contact the 14-16 Centre Manager on 01384 363 208.
- Students aged 16-18 are not usually required to pay course fees on full or part-time courses. Contact the admissions team on 01384 363 333 for further details.
- Non-standard UK/EU/EEA residents and international students - contact the international office on 01384 363 356 or email: email@example.com.
Please note that you may be asked to complete an initial assessment for any course that Dudley College offers.
* Statistics from undergraduate induction survey 2013-14.