Students celebrate 'Diversity Day'
Students celebrate 'Diversity Day' to raise the awareness and appreciation of cultural richness that exists within our learning environment.
A whole range of activities filled the day including:
- theatre performances from the Round Midnight Theatre Company with their performance 'Straight Talking'.
- presentations from Summit House on LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) issues.
- British Values and Migrant stories were shared.
- talks and information stands from local groups.
- performances from the College's Students' Union talent show winners.
- competitions from the College's Students' Union on 'Don't lose what you love to climate change.
- a horticulture sensory test, a sensory bake off and an I'm a celebrity guess my disability competition.
- Students also brought along pieces of material to create a cross culture umbrella.
The event also saw the launch of the college's diversity competition entitled 'embracing diversity', where students can use their creativity to produce a poem, verse or a piece of artwork/design which, in their eyes, represents diversity at college.