If you’ve made an application to us to start in September 2020 we thought you’d find an update useful about how enrolment and starting college is going to happen this year in light of the Coronavirus.
Our current plans are based on the latest government guidance with regards to social distancing and health and safety practice, we are aware that these are constantly changing and will review our activities throughout the summer months. The well-being of all learners and staff is our primary concern at all times.
Below you'll find everything you need to know to prepare you for coming to college.
We have developed a series of online activities that you can join that are designed to prepare you for the start of your college studies. If you haven’t already had chance to look at these activities you can find them here. These will be accessible over the summer.
This year enrolment activity is going to be taking place online from GCSE results day. You will receive a telephone call from a tutor between Thursday 20th August and Wednesday 26th August in order to confirm your examination results and agree a place on a course based on these. There is a place for everyone and please don’t worry if you have not achieved the grades you had hoped for, tutors will find the right level course for you.
During the call the tutor will agree which course you are accepted on to. From this, you will then receive an email to complete an online enrolment form.
Once you have completed and submitted this online, you will receive a further email confirming that you have enrolled, at this point you will:
- Be issued with your electronic bus pass
- Be given a link to bursary applications (these allow you to apply for support funds for help with travel, kit, and uniform) that you may be eligible for
- Be given details regarding free college meals that you may be eligible for.
Then on 31st August, you will receive an email that tells you when your first session at college will take place. You should be prepared to start college from Tuesday 1st September. However, the email will contain the exact date, time and location that you need to come to college on your first day. This will depend upon the course that you are studying.
The first few weeks of college will be an induction period. During this time, you have the opportunity to:
- Meet with your tutor
- Show your tutor your exam results slip/certificates
- Confirm any GCSE English or maths resits or functional skills classes that are needed
- Be issued with your timetable (including any English or maths)
- Find out about uniform/kit that you need and their costs (there is no need to purchase anything in the first few weeks)
- Swap courses / subjects if you decide you want to change your mind
- Get a feel for student life through Fresher’s Fair activity
- Be issued with your identity badge/student card which once issued, you will need to wear whilst at college.
Parent Induction Talks
For those of you who didn’t get chance to join us last week for our parent induction talks we have made the recordings available to watch on YouTube by following the links below:
Meanwhile do take the time to watch the latest video about joining college from our Principal Neil Thomas.
Our latest Parent/Carer guide can be viewed here. If you have any further questions please email in to email@example.com.
If you are currently a student with us and you are going on to another level /course with us next year you should have received a call or email from your tutor to discuss your options with you. The next piece of information you will receive is a completed enrolment form being emailed to you, all you need to do is check all of your details are correct, updating anything that has changed and then follow the instructions on the screen and submit your signed enrolment form.
From here on you are enrolled and the next piece of information will be sent out to you on 31st August that tells you details about your first day in college for induction.
If you haven’t received an email or telephone call by 1st August then do please email firstname.lastname@example.org.