What are T Levels?
T Levels are new courses coming in September 2020, which will follow GCSEs and will be equivalent to 3 A levels. These 2-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares learners for work.
T Levels will offer learners a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of at least 45 days. They will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.
Learners will be able to take a T Level in the following subject areas:
- Agriculture, land management and production
- Animal care and management
- Building services engineering
- Craft and design
- Cultural heritage and visitor attractions
- Design, development and control
- Design, surveying and planning
- Digital business services
- Digital production, design and development
- Digital support and services
- Hair, beauty and aesthetics
- Healthcare science
- Human resources
- Maintenance, installation and repair
- Management and administration
- Manufacturing and process
- Media, broadcast and production
- Onsite construction
Here’s a short video for you to see how they’ll work: