What are T Levels?
Designed to give you a head start towards the future you want, T Levels are a brand new qualification that will take your education to the next level. They will combine classroom theory, practical learning and an industry placement to make sure learners have real experience of the workplace.
T levels will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.
They'll offer learners a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of at least 45 days. You will spend 80% of your time in the classroom and 20% of your time on a 45-day placement to equip you with the knowledge and skills companies are looking for.
This September, you could study a T Level in one of the following subject areas:
- Childcare and Education
- Construction Design, Surveying and Planning
- Design and Development for Engineering and Manufacturing
- Digital Production, Design and Development
- Digital Support Services
- Management and Administration
- Healthcare Science (Assisting with Healthcare Science)
- Science (Laboratory Sciences)
- Supporting Teaching and Learning
Here’s a short video for you to see how they’ll work, as well as some Frequently Asked Questions: