Accessing and Activating Your Account
Learner accounts are activated using Microsoft Office 365. Follow the steps below to activate your account and access your apps.
1. Open an internet browser such as Chrome or Edge. Then, go to the Office 365 login page at www.office.com and select Sign In.
2. Enter your email address in the format of YOUR student ID number with as many zeros at the start to make it 8 digits. For example if your ID number was 123456 your email address would be email@example.com then click next.
Please note: Your student ID number can be found on your student statement which we sent to your personal email address you when you enrolled.
3. After being redirected to the College’s webpage, please enter your current password. This is your date of birth, then click Sign in.
Please note: The date of birth password format is ddmmyyyy. For example 10042002.
4. You’ll then be prompted to re-enter your current password and also enter the new password of your own choosing twice. Then click Submit.
Please note: Your password must be at least 5 characters long.
5. You’ll then be prompted to sign-in again but with your new password this time.
6. Next, you’ll be prompted to setup your authentication method to secure your account. Click Next to proceed.
Please note: Authentication is important because it helps us to keep your account secure by only allowing you to access it.
7. You are then prompted to setup the 1 or more authorised authentication methods. In this example we will use ‘Email address’. Click Set it up now.
8. Now enter the email address of choice (not your college email address) and click the email me button.
9. You should then receive an email from Microsoft with a code. This will be sent to the email address you entered in step 8. Enter this code on the webpage and click Verify and then finally, click the Finish button.
10. You will then be logged in to the Office 365 homepage where you can access your college Microsoft applications such as Outlook email and Teams.