16-18 Bursary Funding

16/18 Bursary Funding for Vulnerable Young People

This is specifically for Learners who have been defined as ‘vulnerable Learners’. Eligible learners will also be allocated travel support.

Please note looked after children and some care leavers are not eligible for Free meals.

You can only apply for a Vulnerable Bursary of up to £1200 if you are in one of the groups that have been defined by the Government as being a ‘vulnerable group of Learners’ and meet the eligibility criteria. This includes young people who are living apart from their parents and are:

  • Looked after (in care) or have recently left care (Care Order in force)
  • A care leaver
  • In receipt of Income Support (or Universal Credit) in their own right (not their parents)
  • Disabled and in receipt of both Employment & Support Allowance (Universal Credit) and Disability Living Allowance (Personal Independence Payments) in their own right (not their parents)
  • Have caring responsivities for a child and are living independently from their parents – have a tenancy agreement in their own name. You will need to provide up to date evidence to confirm receipt of your Benefit, plus a tenancy agreement in your own name ~ or a recent letter from Social Services confirming your care status.

All bursary and hardship fund forms are available to Dudley College learners via the student MyDudleyCollege dashboard alternatively a direct link can be emailed to learners. Links requests should be emailed to the a student finance team at studentfinanceteam@dudleycol.ac.uk