Care To Learn
The Care to Learn scheme can help with childcare costs while studying. Learners must be aged under 20 at the start of their course. Learners can get up to £160 per child per week.
To be eligible for Care to Learn the Learner must be:
- a parent under 20 at the start of their course
- is the main carer for a child
- live in England
- is a British citizen or have a legal right to live and study in England
- is enrolled on a qualifying course
- Their childcare provider qualifies – To qualify a childcare provider must be ofsted registered and can be a childminder, preschool playgroup, day nursery or out of school club.
Claiming Care to Learn will not affect your family’s benefits or allowances.
Learners can apply for Care to Learn via this link: Apply online for Care to Learn.