19+ Discretionary hardship fund
The 19+ Bursary Fund is a means tested fund and is in place to help Dudley College Learners whose household income is below £30,00 per annum and may be experiencing financial hardship to complete their course.
Funds are awarded to eligible Learners to help them cover the essential costs of attending College, such as transport, equipment and exam fees and childcare.
The fund cannot help with tuition fees.
To apply for help from the 19+ discretionary hardship fund please complete an application and a bank details form.
To be eligible to receive the 19+ discretionary hardship fund Learners must:
- be 19 or over on 31st August 2021
- be enrolled on a course that is approved for funding by the Education & Skills Funding Agency – we will check this before making any awards
- have ‘home’ Learner’s status, Pre settle or settle status, or have been granted full ‘refugee’ or ‘asylum seeker’ status (British Citizens normally have ‘home Learner’ status)
- have been ordinarily resident in the UK or EEA continuously for the last 3 years before the start of your course, with ‘settled’ status which means having indefinite leave to enter or remain
- not exceed the income threshold limit of £30,000 Joint income if living with spouse/partner and single applicant living independently.
The following Learners are not eligible to apply:
- Learners on Higher Education Courses
- Learners on Work Based Learning/Waged Apprenticeships
- Learners aged 19- 23 at the start of their course studying their 2nd level 3 programme unless they have applied for and been awarded an Advanced Learner Loan
- Learners aged under 19 on 31 August 2021- these Learners can apply to the 16-18 Bursary Fund
- Learners aged 24 and over studying a level 3 or above unless they have applied for and been awarded an Advanced Learner Loan
All bursary and hardship fund forms are available to Dudley College learners via the student MyDudleyCollege dashboard, alternatively a direct link can be emailed to learners. Links requests should be emailed to the a student finance team at firstname.lastname@example.org.